David Leckie is a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor with over 23 years experience of working with individuals, couples and families in both NHS and private settings. As well as being a counsellor, David is an accredited Family Mediator, able to offer both MIAMS meetings and Direct Consultations with Children should this be required.
David specialises in short term ‘Solution Focused’ work. You may like to look online to read a little more about this, but the basic assumptions / principles can best be summarised as follows:
• You are looking for change in some area of your life
• You, the client, are the expert and define the ‘goals’ of the work together
• You have the resources and strengths to solve your problems
• The work is usually present / future orientated – history is not essential
• The focus is on what is possible and changeable
• Work is usually short term (around 6 sessions)
If this way of working sounds like something that might be of help to you at this point in your life, David looks forward to working with you. If you have any questions, David is happy to speak with you for an initial 20 minute telephone consultation free of charge. You can ask the Receptionist at York Clinic for his phone / email information, and she will be happy to provide it to you. Another option is for you to ‘meet’ David in a short 4 minute video, this will give you a clearer idea of the person he is and it may also answer some initial questions you have.